Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Kay and I --- Parenthood

Heavenly Father has trusted us enough to bring His children into our family,and we know we should not let Him down. However, it is the first time in our life to be parents, so Kay and I always discuss how we should be good parents, how to raise Alicia, or how we should teach her.




As a mother, I also worry about Alicia since the world is very "CRAZY" nowadays. Although Alicia is still small, I can't wait to teach her many things so she can "SURVIVE" in this "CRAZY" world. However, what is the most important thing to teach her? 
Tonight, when I was feeding Alicia, I was singing "I am a child of God". I have sing this song more than 100 times since I was young, but tonight,the Spirit was so strong that made me stop and ponder about the lyrics, and I've found this lyrics more important and meaningful to me.I have found my answer!

  1.  I am a child of God,
    And he has sent me here,
    Has given me an earthly home
    With parents kind and dear.
  2.  I am a child of God,
    And so my needs are great;
    Help me to understand his words
    Before it grows too late.

  3.  I am a child of God.
    Rich blessings are in store;
    If I but learn to do his will
    I'll live with him once more.
  4.  I am a child of God.
    His promises are sure;
    Celestial glory shall be mine
    If I can but endure.
Chorus
Lead me, guide me, walk beside me,
Help me find the way.
Teach me all that I must do
To live with him someday.


It is very direct, I need to be a parent who are kind and dear to my children. I need to help my children  to understand Heavenly Father's words and learn to do His will. I need to teach them to endure or even endure with them.  I also need to lead, guide, and walk beside(support) my children, and help them to find THE WAY, teach everything that they must do to live with Heavenly Father again, and to obtain the Celestial Glory.

I know NOTHING is more important than to teach our children about Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ and His teaching, to help them build their own testimony and strengthen it. I know when we are teaching our children to live righteously, the Spirit of the Lord will help them throughout their life, to continue to choose the right even when their parents are not with them someday.
Now I should say, I can't wait to teach her everything about Heavenly Father,Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost.

Alicia! Daddy and Mammy loves you!

3 comments:

  1. I know how much righteous parents can bless a child. And amen to everything you said here! Thank you for sharing your testimony :)

    ReplyDelete